- November 2016: Best paper award, out of 1,272 candidates: our paper published in the Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (AIIM, CORE A) entitled Multilingual Event Extraction for Early Epidemic Detection is among 3 papers tied for "best paper of 2015" in the field of "Public Health and Epidemiology Informatics", as selected in the yearbook of medical informatics. Full details and selection methodology are available in the "Public Health and Epidemiology Informatics" section of the IMIA Yearbook 2016.
- July 2016: New project for 2016-2017 (Principal investigator), ANR Digistory (Digital History).
- June 2016: Organisation of the 2nd PARSEME Summer School on Parsing and Multi-Word Expressions (videos).
- April 2016: Full paper at ACM SAC 2016 (CORE B): "Language-Independent Multi-Document Text Summarization with Document-Specific Word Associations,".
- April 2015: New journal article in the Journal of Natural Language Engineering (CORE: A-ranked), entitled "Computational generation and dissection of lexical replacement humor".
- June 2014: Best paper award with Ilona Nawrot at HCI International: "Timeline Localization".
- Jan 2014: Our 2013 ACL paper gets international press coverage: The Times, The Telegraph, The Daily Mail.
- Full Professor in the University of La Rochelle, France.
- Adjunct member of the Discovery group of the University of Helsinki, led by Hannu Toivonen (numerous stays in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013).
- Director of the research and education department of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) of the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi
- Head of the research group on Images and Digital Content (circa 40 persons) of the L3i laboratory
- Main organizer of the Book Structure Extraction competition, conjoint to the ICDAR conference and the INEX initiative
- Co-organizer of the INEX Book Search track since 2007, part of CLEF since 2012
- Elected member of the laboratory council of the L3i (2015-2019)
- Head of international relations of the IUT de La Rochelle (2015-2019)
- Elected member of the board of the IUT de La Rochelle (conseil d'institut, 2014-2018)
- Elected Member of the council of the computer science department of the IUT de La Rochelle (2014-2016)
- Former activities at the University of Normandy in Caen and at the GREYC laboratory:
- Head of international relations of the IUT de Caen (2010-2013).
- Head of the research theme on "Cross-lingual information retrieval, translation, text algorithms and differential methods" within the GREYC's HULTECH research team.
- Member of the council of the GREYC laboratory since February 2012.
- Member of the council of the computer science department of the IUT Caen.
- Habilitation (HDR): "Extraction, Exploitation and Evaluation of Document-Based Knowledge", manuscript (in English), summary and slides (in French), defended on 30 April 2012.
- Pr. Isabelle Tellier (Paris 3 Sorbonne Nouvelle, president)
- Dr. Massih-Reza Amini (Paris 6 University, Pierre et Marie Curie, reviewer)
- Pr. Pavel Brazdil (University of Porto, Portugal, reviewer)
- Pr. Manuel Vilares Ferro (University of Vigo, Spain, reviewer)
- Pr. Bruno Crémilleux (University of Caen Lower-Normandy, examiner)
- Pr. Mounia Lalmas (Yahoo! Research Barcelona, examiner)
- Pr. Gaël Dias (University of Caen Lower-Normandy, advisor)
- Docent, University of Helsinki, Finland, 2011.
- Ph.D., University of Helsinki and University of Caen, 2005.
ContactsEmail (strongly recommended): email@example.com
- Postal address:
Laboratoire L3i - Université de La Rochelle
Avenue Michel Crépeau
F-17 042 La Rochelle Cedex 1
- Phone: +33 (0)5 46 45 68 71
- Office: 138
- Postal address:
IUT de La Rochelle
15 rue F. de Vaux de Foletier
F-17026 La Rochelle Cedex 1
- Phone: +33 (0)5 46 51 39 73
- Office: D103