Workshop and Competition Organization
- Co-founder and main organizer of the Book Structure Extraction competition (4 editions). Launched within the initiative for the evaluation of XML retrieval (INEX) in 2008, the competition was accepted at ICDAR 2009, additionally reaching the document analysis community:
- Co-founder and co-organizer of the Book Search Track at INEX (8 editions). Launched in 2007, the competition was promoted into the main track of INEX in 2011, and joined CLEF in 2012:
- Co-organizer of the CIKM workshop on Exploiting Semantic Annotations in Information Retrieval (ESAIR'15), with Krisztian Balog, Jeffrey Dalton and Yusra Ibrahim.
PC memberships and reviews
I have served for a total of 56 internatonal programme committees: 39 for international conferences and 17 for international workshops. In addition, I have reviewed for 2 international conferences, 4 international journals, 2 books, and 1 national journal.
Looking at CORE rankings, this sums up as 9 conferences ranked A*, 2 journals and 3 conference ranked A, 5 conferences ranked B, 14 conferences and 12 workshops ranked C, and 3 journals, 11 conferences and 4 workshops unreferenced by CORE.
|Computational Intelligence: reviewer since 2013||CORE = A, 2012 Impact Factor = 1.0|
|ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS): reviewer since 2007||CORE = A, 2010 Impact Factor = 1.085|
|International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition (IJDAR): reviewer since 2010||2010 Impact Factor = 1.03|
|International Journal of Information Technology and Management (IJITM): reviewer since 2013|
|Traitement Automatique des Langues (TAL): reviewer since 2014||CORE N/A, AERES = A|
International Conferences and Workshops
|ACM SIGIR - full papers||2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011||CORE=A*|
|ACM SIGIR - posters||2005, 2007, 2009||CORE=A*|
|KDIR||2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015|
|EPIA||2009, 2011, 2013, 2015||CORE=B|
|IEEE INISTA||2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015||CORE=C|
|CIS||2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014||CORE=C|
|INEX||2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014||CORE=C|
|PhD session at ECML PKDD||2014||CORE=A|
|WMIR at IEEE ISDA||2010|
Additional reviewsAs a non-PC reviewer, I further contributed to AAAI 2011 (CORE=A*) and FinTAL 2006.
- "XML Data Mining: Models, Methods, and Applications", IGI Global, 2011.
- "Ian Wilks: Algorithms and Data Structures", Pearson Education UK, 2005-2006.